Could your company benefit from a talented STEM intern?
4 Jan 2018
Receive a 50 percent cash match on your intern's wages – up to $2500 through SciTechsperience
SciTechsperience is a free, statewide, state-funded internship program that connects small for-profit Minnesota businesses with talented college STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) students.
Participating companies receive a wage reimbursement of 50 percent of the intern's wages up to $2,500.
- Companies located anywhere in Minnesota with less than 250 employess worldwide may participate
- Graduate students are now eligible for the program
- More than 325 reimbursements are available now on a first-come, first hire basis
- Are for-profit, registered and conducting business in Minnesota
- Have fewer than 250 employees worldwide worldwide
- Offer an internship that offers hands-on STEM industry experience
- Are doing business in one of the following industries:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Agriculture and Food Science
- Biotechnology, Life Sciences and Health IT
- Engineering Services
- Fuels, Energy, Energy Management
- IT/Computer Technology
- Mining, Materials, Manufacturing and Processing
For more information and to apply go to SciTechMN.org.
Want to know more? Check out this short webinar or contact SciTechsperience Program Director Becky Siekmeier, Minnesota High Tech Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-230-4241.
Partnering for growthJan 1 2018
Growing a region’s economy is a monumental feat. It requires participation and investment from an array of entities and individuals, from public and private organizations to citizens and business leaders. Elk River’s close proximity to the Twin Cities metro area creates a natural partnership with the Minneapolis St. Paul...
Preserving historic structuresDec 25 2017
Elk River’s water tower is nearly a century old. The structure on Jackson Street near downtown was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 2012. Constructed in 1920, the water tower’s purpose was to protect businesses from fire because several previous fires had damaged the business district....
A mecca for manufacturingDec 18 2017
The medical device industry has been thriving in recent years, driven in part by an increase in demand brought on by an aging population that fuels the need for new treatments for a range of ailments. Often referred to as “The Light Industrial Hub of the Northwest Metro,” Elk...